The uses of petrochemical products are numerous. It is used for many purposes though we are aware of only a few of them. It is obtained by refining crude oil which includes a series of processes. Without the use of this product, the world will experience a sudden halt.
The uses of these vary from simple day to day products to sophisticated ones. The main component is oil and therefore almost all products that we use daily contain this important product.
These have a wide number of uses as mentioned earlier. Some of the most important and common uses are mentioned below:
- Used as fertilizers: Used as fertilizers to protect the crop from damage and pests.
- Used for plastics: Majority of the plastic products are made of polyester including compact discs and cassettes.
- Used in dyes: Dyes also contain these products and it is a common day to day product especially the dyes used in ink pens.
- Non stick pads: These pads are used for medical purposes. There has been a complete make over in the field of medical science with its invention.
- Sports shoes: The sports shoes have petroleum products in them which includes the rubber soles that alters according to the climatic conditions.
- Detergents: This is one product which we use daily.
- Garments: Certain garments like synthetic which produces wrinkle free clothes contain petroleum products. It is also used to manufacture curtains, carpets and so forth.
- Wax: Wax also contains petroleum products. Polishes, cartons, candles are some of the other products.
- Use in Industries: Most of the industries depend upon the petroleum products for manufacturing their products.
- Bags and explosives: Carry bags as well as dangerous explosives.
The uses of petroleum products are wide and varied. It has become an integral part of our day to day life. This can be attributed to the reason why there are a number of these in the global market. The B2B marketplaces are flooded with suppliers of petroleum products.
Some of the other products which are widely used include cotton, wool, polymers, acrylics, cellulosics, surfactants and fibre. It is used as ingredients in paint thinners, cleaning chemicals, construction chemicals, charcoal lighters, insecticides and so forth.
There are a number of suppliers of petroleum products in the B2B directories which serve as hubs to these essential products. On the B2B online directories, you will find exporters and importers.
The industry of petroleum products is an ever-growing and profitable business that is truly undeniable. As a result there are a great number of industries that specialize in the manufacture of petroleum products. Moreover, it also serves as a raw material to many other industries. They have myriad uses as it is an important constituent of almost all products we use in our daily lives.