Are You Killing Your Nail Profits?
Nail Salons and Nail Technicians often get caught up into thinking nails are all they do. This type of thinking limits nail technicians and box them into offering just the typical nail services to their clients. Nail salons and nail technicians are part of a bigger industry. This bigger industry is beauty. Yes, the Beauty Industry! The beauty industry is hot and booming and if your not taking advantage of this huge industry, your leaving a lot of money on the table. This world of Beauty opens up many additional streams of income and ways to make money as a nail technician!
Yet still, a lot of nail techs are not taking advantage of this industry and are killing their profits. They are practically giving away business and money that could be theirs! Lets examine a few ways nail techs can set up road blocks in their business that result in lower income and fewer clients.
Top 5 Mistakes Nail Technicians & Nails Salons Make And How To Avoid Them
1. Focusing More on Learning Nail Art Designs and Application than Sales and & Marketing. Believe it or not, Sales and Marketing should be a strong focus point, just as nail designs and application. It does not matter if you are the hottest nail art designer in town, if you don’t have enough clients to keep you in business you will not make the kind of money you desire. A nail tech that knows Sales and Marketing will out grow and make more money than the nail tech that is only good at nail designs, application, pedicures and manicures!
2. Not over delivering on services. In order to survive and keep clients coming back to see you. You will need to be different and offer services that other nail techs and nail salons are not. Every nail salon in town does manicures the same way practically. What can you do to make your manicure different? Always go the extra mile to give your clients more than what they were expecting. This keeps clients coming back to you and not going anywhere else to get there nails done.
3. Not Creating a customer Loyalty program. The best way you can thank your clients and keep them coming back is with a customer loyalty program. For example, offering a punch card that offers the 10th visit free or at a discount is a great way to say ” thank you” for being a loyal client and coming back! Clients love free stuff! So make it a point to keep rewarding them for their loyalty to your business.
4. Not Getting Contact Information for Each Client. For every client that a nail tech service, there should be a customer card that highlights their name, phone number and email address. This information is valuable to you as it is your way to keep in contact with your clients, promote specials, events, products and give nail care tips. Having contact information keeps you fresh in their minds and coming back to see you for their beauty needs.
5. Not offering back-end sales. If your services are great. Then getting the customer to spend more at each visit would not be hard to do! By offering complimentary services in the beauty industry such as eyebrow waxing and lip waxing may enhance your bottom line a lot. (Make sure you check for licensing requirements if you get into these types of services in your state). You can also get into carrying a few nice costume jewelry pieces, skin and hand care products and more! Keep it simple, just a few nice things to enhance your bottom line and get your clients to spend more at each visit.
While these are just a few profit killers, there are many more ways to kill your profits. Such as not keeping up with the latest beauty news and techniques, Not continuing education, and not being attentive to health concerns and more! Knowing what to avoid will keep you ahead of the game and keep money flowing into your business consistently!
The nail care industry is hot right now and if approached right you can make a lot of money at what you love to do- Nails! If you want to be successful and a have a rewarding career as a nail tech don’t make these mistakes, they can hurt your business and your bottom line.